Monday, March 31, 2008

Cruella De Vil

The idea of introducing my daughter to my favorite, classic Disney movie "101 Dalmations" has back fired on me. We have watched it at least 50 times and well, in just a couple of weeks I have gone from being "the greatest Mommy ever" to Cruella De Vil. Today while I was tirelessly putting Cassidy down for her afternoon nap, she was joyfully putting (and playing with) 'Lucky' and 'Penny' (her two stuffed animal puppies) to sleep as well. After many, many, many minutes I said I was going to take the puppies with me if she continued to play with them and not go to sleep. Cassidy asked, "Why Mom? 'porquez you are Curella De Vil?" I answered, "No, Cass, because they're tired too." She replied, "No Mom. If you take Lucky and Penny than you are Cruella De Vil." Cassidy than laid down on the pillow she shared with her puppies and was quiet. After a couple of minutes, she looked up at me as she tightly squeezed Lucky and Penny, and whispered, "Cruella, Cruella, Curella."

No comments: